We are currently seeking a Patient Care Coordinator to join our committed team of professionals.
The Patient Care Coordinator is an essential administrative support role within CCPSA’s Clinic Staff Team. The primary function of this position is to perform scheduling duties for the clinic, manage frontline communication, and ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Contact patients to schedule new patient and follow-up appointments.
- Manage patient referrals and contact PCP regarding referrals as needed.
- Check patients in and out for their appointments.
- Verify patient insurance information and coverage.
- Collect patient payments at point of service.
- Prepare charts for new patients and follow up patients.
- Establish patient follow-up reminder recalls in EMR.
- Manage incoming and outgoing fax communication.
- Answer incoming phone calls, return voicemails, and route calls to appropriate staff members.
- Schedule hospital procedures as needed (Bronchoscopy, E-BUS, Thoracentesis, etc.)
- Obtain patients medical records as needed.
- Assist patients with web portal login information.
- Other duties as assigned by Clinic Leadership.
Skills, Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical office front desk experience.
- Patient centered focus.
- Respect patient privacy by maintaining confidentiality in accordance to HIPAA requirements.
- Medical terminology knowledge.
- Typing speed of at least 50-80 WPM with excellent accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and EMR systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to drive between clinic locations for meetings.
- Ability to sit for extended time periods.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Competitive pay.
- Comprehensive and generous medical, dental, vision life and AD&D benefits.
- Optional additional life & disability insurance at group discounts.
- PTO and holiday pay.
- 401k benefits with company contribution after eligibility period.