We are currently seeking a Revenue Cycle Manager to join our committed team of professionals.
The Revenue Cycle Manager is the operational lead and manager of Critical Care, Pulmonary and Sleep Associates’ billing and revenue cycle team. This leader is responsible for managing the operations, personnel and processes for CCPSA’s EPIC professional billing and revenue cycle activities. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in healthcare revenue cycle management, payer management and medical billing. The candidate will have a background that consistently displays strong revenue cycle management subject matter expertise and competencies and a track record of successful billing team management, full cycle RCM process implementation and improvement initiatives.
The Revenue Cycle Manager will cultivate and align with CCPSA’s strong team culture and lead a collaborative team environment centered on consistently delivering exceptional development, performance and outcomes.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Promote the CCPSA culture of team collaboration, while identifying and implementing opportunities to enhance the shared values of the group.
- Lead the daily revenue cycle operations and manage the workflow for RCM personnel.
- Track the RCM team’s productivity (charge, payments, collections, adjustments) on a daily, weekly and/or monthly basis; as needed to ensure the company objectives are met.
- Manage and attend to all EPIC RCM supervisor work queues to address all escalated RCM and account issues.
- Ensure timely creation and reporting of key RCM indicators and other reports requested by CCPSA leadership.
- Proactive documentation and resolution of issues and timely response to questions and concerns.
- Deliver timely required reports to the management team; initiates and communicates the resolution of issues, such as payor denial trends, collections accounts, inaccurate or incorrect charges, vendor input and implementation.
- Serve as operational partner liaison to Centura Health EPIC system developers and RCM system support.
- Manage third-party patient liable collections agency relationship, processes and performance.
- Identify and provide timely resolution of RCM process variances and performance issues.
- Exhibit exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Manage escalated patient and insurance carrier contacts; prompt return and follow up to all interactions; prompt response to requests for information, both internally and externally.
- Provide training and mentoring to staff; ensure RCM standard operating procedures (SOP) are followed and improvements occur.
- Monitor and ensure team’s performance compliance with policies and procedures regarding AR activity to ensure AR is managed to acceptable levels.
- Analyze reports and trends to determine when, how and why decrease in AR; includes denials, unbilled, credit issues; holds; coordinate improvements with staff to resolve.
- Hire, retain, mentor and manages staff to achieve CCPSA organizational goals.
- Meet regularly with staff; in-person and as a group to confirm the status of accounts, effectively prioritize AR activities for staff holding them accountable for work performed.
- Provide support, training and oversight to build and enhance team to meet current and future business needs.
- Analyze and address staff performance in a timely and professional manner, offering coaching, correction and discipline as appropriate.
- Perform period reviews to mentor and give constructive feedback to improve performance.
- Handle and manage internal staffing issues regarding daily matters, including but not limited to such items as timekeeping, coverage, workflow, and training.
Skills, Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a medical billing, accounting or finance office in a managerial or staff leadership role, with recent leadership experience and emphasis in Healthcare revenue cycle management a must.
- EPIC EHR with Resolute Professional Billing module working knowledge and experience a strong preference but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in Healthcare reimbursement/collections, AR, medical billing, coding, with a strong knowledge of the medical claims processing and coding, AR, collections process and accounts receivable management.
- Extensive knowledge on use of email, search engine, Internet; ability to effectively use payer websites and Laserfiche; knowledge and use of Microsoft Products: Outlook, Word, & Excel.
- Experience with commercial insurance relationship management.
- Proven leadership capabilities of diverse teams and employees.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills with a high degree of drive, initiative and follow through in time sensitive task environment.
- Strong reasoning, critical thinking, analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to work independently, flexibly shifting from big picture to detailed tasks, with high productivity, and regularly execute to deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity.
- Ability to drive between CCPSA Denver metro clinic and hospital locations intermittently for meetings.
- Ability to sit for extended time periods.
- Must be able to bend, lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Highly Competitive Market.
- Comprehensive and generous medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D benefits.
- Optional additional life & disability insurance at group discounts.
- PTO and holiday pay.
- 401k benefits with company contribution after eligibility period.
- Position reports to CCPSA’s Chief Operating Officer.