We are currently seeking a fulltime Certified Medical Assistant to join our Clinic Staff Team. This position is responsible for supporting our Pulmonary and Sleep Providers within our outpatient clinics. Under direct supervision, Certified Medical Assistants perform a variety of routine clinical services to deliver safe and appropriate patient care, within the scope of their practice and established policies and procedures. It is necessary that within this role, employees cultivate and support a strong team culture, as well as a collaborative environment centered on consistently delivering exceptional patient care.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Promote the CCPSA culture of team collaboration, while providing excellent clinical care to our patients
- Room patients in professional and timely manner
- Check vitals, update charts and perform a variety of task such as spirometry, oxygen titration, etc.
- Responsible for blood draws, giving injections, obtaining specimens and skin testing, as directed by providers
- Manages orders, including prior authorizations
- Manages prescription refill requests
- Reviewing charts and prepares for following day patient flow
- Prepares exam rooms with necessary supplies, while ensuring supplies are properly stocked
- Protects confidentiality of each patient’s information in compliance with HIPAA
- This position requires approximately 20% – 30% monthly travel to our other outpatient clinics within the Denver-metro
Skills, Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Successful graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant Program required
- Approximately 1+ years Medical Assisting experience
- RMA or CMA preferred
- Knowledge of HIPAA laws and guidelines
- Excellent organizations and time management skills
- Patient centered focus, with a caring attitude
- Epic experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to drive between clinic locations for meetings.
- Ability to sit for extended time periods.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- PTO and holiday pay
- 401k benefits after a year with the company