We are currently seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to join our committed team of professionals.
The Certified Medical Assistant position is responsible for supporting our Pulmonary and Sleep Providers within our outpatient clinics. Under direct supervision, Certified Medical Assistants perform a variety of routine clinical services to deliver safe and appropriate patient care, within the scope of their practice and established policies and procedures. It is necessary that within this role, employees cultivate and support a strong team culture, as well as a collaborative environment centered on consistently delivering exceptional patient care.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Promote the CCPSA culture of team collaboration, while providing excellent clinical care to our patients.
- Room patients in professional and timely manner.
- Check vital signs, update charts and perform a variety of tasks such as spirometry, oxygen titration, etc.
- Responsible for blood draws, giving injections, and obtaining specimens, as directed by Providers.
- Manages orders, including prior authorizations.
- Manages prescription refill requests.
- Reviewing charts and prepares for following day patient flow.
- Prepares exam rooms with necessary supplies, while ensuring supplies are properly stocked.
- This position requires approximately 20% – 30% monthly travel to our other outpatient clinics within the Denver-metro area.
Skills, Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Successful graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant Program required.
- Approximately 1+ years Medical Assisting experience.
- RMA or CMA preferred.
- Respect patient privacy by maintaining confidentiality in accordance to HIPAA requirements.
- Excellent organizations and time management skills.
- Patient centered focus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and EMR systems.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to drive between clinic locations for meetings.
- Ability to sit for extended time periods.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Competitive pay.
- Comprehensive and generous medical, dental, vision life and AD&D benefits.
- Optional additional life & disability insurance at group discounts.
- PTO and holiday pay.
- 401k benefits with company contribution after eligibility period.