We are currently seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our committed team of professionals.
The Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner position is an essential outpatient clinical role, providing direct care to new and established pulmonary and/or sleep patients. It is necessary that within this role, the Advance Practice Provider cultivates and supports a strong team culture and collaborative environment centered on consistently delivering exceptional patient care. This position will have the peer support of 3 additional mid-levels that are currently working in the outpatient practice.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
Patient care, including but not limited to, visits for:
- Patients on home O2 or nocturnal CPAP/BIPAP/NIV who need clinic evaluation to continue current care.
- Preoperative visits for those patients with non-complex Pulmonary issues and upcoming surgical needs.
- Hospital follow-up of patients admitted with COPD exacerbation and other Pulmonary disease
- Pulmonary rehabilitation follow-up.
- Telephone consultation and follow-up as needed for patient clinical questions unable to be answered by MA or other clinic staff.
- Managements and continuity of care for patients with straightforward Pulmonary or Sleep-focused clinical complaints.
- Urgent clinic visits (with close support of Pulmonary physician) of potentially both new and established patients as needed.
Patient and staff education, including but not limited to:
- Single or group patient education about inhaler therapy.
- Single or group patient education on disease processes such as COPD, etc.
- Establishing and maintaining educational forms and handouts for patients.
- Ongoing clinic staff education, as needed.
Skills, Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
- NCCPA or AANP certified, respectively.
- Minimum 5-years total post training experience, minimum 2-years pulmonary experience required.
- DEA license eligible upon hire, per Colorado Drug Enforcement Administration’s midlevel requirements.
- Willingness to travel to various clinic sites, as workflow dictates.
- Enthusiasm for working in an outpatient setting with a large team of physicians and clinic staff.
- Positive attitude, exemplary patient care, and willingness to adapt to changes in job description as needed for patient and clinic needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with patients and families, as well as clinic physicians and staff.
- Proficient with Office 365 software, and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to Electronic Medical Records. Prior experience with EPIC, Meditech, NextGen, etc. beneficial, but not required.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to drive between clinic locations for meetings.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended time periods.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible recurring work schedule: 5/8 or 4/10-hour days
- Paid malpractice premiums.
- Comprehensive and generous medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D benefits.
- Optional additional life & disability insurance at group discounts.
- PTO and holiday pay.
- 401k benefits with company contribution after eligibility period.
- CME stipend and allotted time.
- No call, nights, weekends or holidays.