We are currently seeking a Respiratory Therapist to join our committed team of professionals.
The Respiratory Therapist is an essential clinical role, providing onsite clinical support to two Pulmonary and Sleep clinic’s day to day operations. The Respiratory Therapist must hold an RT license in the state of CO, and hold PFT specialty credentials, RRT and RPFT preferred, and have experience within the respiratory field. Working in conjunction with RNs and Medical Assistants, they will assist in administering pulmonary function tests, oxygen and PAP management, nebulizer and inhaler instruction, care coordination as well as other operational and clinical duties. It is necessary that within this role, the Respiratory Therapist cultivates and supports a strong team culture and collaborative environment centered on consistently delivering exceptional patient care.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Promote the CCPSA culture of team collaboration, while providing excellent clinical care to our patients.
- Perform Pulmonary Function Testing and methacholine challenges.
- Build strong positive communication with clinic staff to increase the success of the practice and provide excellent patient care.
- In collaboration with the Providers, develop patient education on PFT testing, inhalers and oxygen.
- Perform prior authorizations of PFT tests.
- Provide group education classes -O2, inhalers, specific disease education.
- Provide staff education.
- Communicate PFT and methacholine results to patients.
- Patient support for respiratory related clinical questions.
- This position requires approximately 30% – 50% monthly travel to our other outpatient clinics within the Denver-metro area.
Skills, Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- RT license required, RRT preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the respiratory field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience performing PFTs and methacholine challenges.
- Strong clinical knowledge, ability to observe and monitor signs, symptoms, reactions, general behavior, and general patient response to respiratory care or treatment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of creating excellent patient experiences in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Respect patient privacy by maintaining confidentiality in accordance to HIPAA requirements.
- Superior communication skills to effectively and professionally communicate via email, telephone and in person with patients, Providers and staff.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer proficiency, knowledge of EMR systems.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to drive between CCPSA Denver Metro locations intermittently for meetings.
- Ability to sit for extended time periods.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive and generous medical, dental, and vision, life & AD&D benefits.
- Optional additional life & disability insurance at group discount.
- PTO and holiday pay.
- 401k benefits with company contribution after eligibility period.
- No call, no nights or weekends.